North Carolina transportation officials say they’re temporarily halting much construction work along interstates and other major routes to ease congestion for holiday travelers. The North Carolina Department of Transportation said in a news release that it was shutting down work along interstates, U.S. routes and key state routes from Tuesday through next Monday. In certain exceptions, work that doesn’t impact travel lanes and certain projects that would make it unsafe to open all travel...
Latest from NPR
- Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, Iran's top nuclear scientist, assassinated near Tehran
- Macron 'shocked' at beating of black man by Paris police officers
- Maradona: Anger over funeral home photos with legend's open coffin
- US election results: Why the most accurate bellwether counties were wrong
- Utah monolith: Internet sleuths got there, but its origins are still a mystery