Positive COVID-19 cases continue to rise in North Carolina, with a daily positive rate of more than 12 percent. PRE’s Meredith Radford reports that many eastern North Carolina counties are among those in the state with the highest positive case numbers in the last few weeks. North Carolina added more than 3,400 cases to its COVID-19 total on Wednesday. At Governor Roy Cooper’s media briefing, he emphasized that the rise in cases is driven by the unvaccinated.
Latest from NPR
- Belarus Olympian Timanovskaya says grandmother warned her not to come home
- Tucker Carlson: What the Fox News host is doing in Hungary
- Lalibela: Ethiopia's Tigray rebels take Unesco world heritage town
- Covid crashed Obama's party - should Delta change your plans?
- Lionel Messi will not stay at Barcelona