In early September, Ocracoke Island was pummeled by category 1 Hurricane Dorian, displacing many of the long-time residents. While recovery work started right after the storm, the cleanup and demolition of flooded homes continues to displace more people. Additionally, some business owners are assessing their future on the 13-mile barrier island.
- Mulvaney Walks Back Ukraine Remarks, Admits It Wasn't A 'Perfect Press Conference'
- 3 Soldiers Killed In Training Accident On Fort Stewart In Georgia
- Defense Secretary Esper Arrives In Afghanistan To Devise A Way Forward In 18-Year War
- Activists Occupy An Ancient Forest In Germany To Save It
- 'The Blob,' A Smart Yet Brainless Organism Fit For Sci-Fi, Gets Its Own Exhibit