North Carolina transportation officials say they’re temporarily halting much construction work along interstates and other major routes to ease congestion for holiday travelers. The North Carolina Department of Transportation said in a news release that it was shutting down work along interstates, U.S. routes and key state routes from Tuesday through next Monday. In certain exceptions, work that doesn’t impact travel lanes and certain projects that would make it unsafe to open all travel...
Latest from NPR
- Ethiopia's Tigray crisis: PM claims capture of regional capital Mekelle
- France: Tear gas fired as protesters rally against police security bill
- Mohsen Fakhrizadeh: Iran blames Israel for killing top scientist
- American football: Sarah Fuller makes history as first woman in a Power 5 game
- The Kraken: What is it and why has Trump's ex-lawyer released it?