North Carolina Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper says the state will keep its reopening guidelines in place for three more weeks. The move comes as key metrics show a worsening of the coronavirus spread. The state on Wednesday eclipsed 4,000 deaths and 250,000 cases since the start of the coronavirus pandemic. Mandy Cohen, secretary of the state’s Department of Health and Human Services, noted that North Carolina saw its highest single-day increases in COVID-19 cases to date on two occasions last...
Latest from NPR
- Epstein: Ghislaine Maxwell denies witnessing 'inappropriate' activities
- The Countdown: Debate masks, Jennifer Lawrence and 60 Minutes
- US election: Joe Biden or Donald Trump? Persuading an undecided voter
- Rare green puppy 'Pistachio' born in Italy
- Asafoetida: The smelly spice India loves but never grew