PRE News Internship
Public Radio East is seeking a journalism student intern to help with news coverage in Eastern North Carolina. Duties include reporting, writing and producing radio news content. Experience in broadcast journalism a plus.
To be considered send your resume, cover letter, writing and audio samples to email@example.com
This internship is unpaid but can provide valuable experience in a public radio newsroom. Applicants should be available to intern for a minimum of 15 hours a week for a period of 9 to 12 weeks.
PRE Employment Opportunities
Senior Administrative Assistant - Public Radio East
- Occupational Summary
The Senior Administrative Assistant for Public Radio East is responsible for performing a wide range of technical, administrative, accounting and project support tasks in a fast-paced broadcasting atmosphere. This position maintains current general knowledge or appropriate college and departmental policies, processes and procedures in an effort to ensure efficiency and integrity of the department. Serves as primary point of administrative contact for internal and external customers of Public Radio East and the Public Radio East Foundation Board.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service and assistance to internal and external customers through walk-in, telephone and email
- Performs accounting functions for all monetary transactions to PRE on a daily basis, maintaining an accurate record of funds and general ledger distribution within the database
- Receives, records, reconciles and reports transactions timely and accurately on behalf of PRE; managing Allegiance software to ensure workflow and status updates
- Prepares monthly PRE financial reports and reconciles data between Allegiance software and the college’s Colleague system
- Schedules, organizes and attends PRE Foundation Board meetings; takes, prepares and publishes minutes
- Prepares financial materials in coordination with Financial Services to support the PRE Foundation Board and meetings
- Monitors all PRE budgets; processes requisition requests to order supplies and equipment
- Prepares travel requests, submissions and final settlements
- Receives charitable gifts made to the PRE Foundation; records gift transactions and prepares appropriate documentation including tax information, property transfers and gift disposition consistent with organizational policies
- Communicates as necessary with donors and internal/external stakeholders regarding gift transactions
- Assists with on-air membership campaigns
- Maintains accurate records and files to comply with audit information needs
- Participates in appropriate committees and task forces as assigned
- Performs other job-related duties and projects as assigned in support of PRE’s and the college’s mission, core values and goals
- Minimum Qualifications
Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Technology or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Two (2) years’ professional experience in an office environment performing accounting or administrative tasks.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Experience with Allegiance and Colleague.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Intermediate knowledge of clerical processes and procedures and standard office procedures, practices and equipment
- Intermediate knowledge of report preparation
- Intermediate knowledge of record control and statistical record keeping
- Donor communications
- Advanced computer skills and technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Effective verbal, listening and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective planning, coordination and organizational skills to meet work deadlines
- Interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to record multiple transactions daily with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to display tact and poise at all times
- Ability to learn and perform budget information data entry
- Ability to handle confidential information with absolute discretion
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; demonstrated ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse workforces, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities, and socioeconomic levels
Click here to apply.