A panel of North Carolina judges has refused to block the latest legislative and congressional maps from being used for the 2022 elections. The three judges on Friday denied preliminary injunctions in a pair of lawsuits challenging boundaries that the Republican-controlled legislature passed last month. The decision means candidate filing for the March 8 primary should begin at noon Monday as scheduled. The decision can be appealed. Plaintiffs in the lawsuits call the lines “extreme partisan”...
Latest from NPR
- Indonesia volcano: Residents flee as Mt Semeru spews huge ash cloud
- Michigan school shooting: Suspect's parents arrested in Detroit
- MH370: Could missing Malaysian Airlines plane finally be found?
- Bolsonaro: Brazilian Supreme Court opens investigation into vaccine comments
- Patel claims historic ten wickets in Test innings