Wave header image graphic banner
Public Radio For Eastern North Carolina 89.3 WTEB New Bern 88.5 WZNB New Bern 91.5 WBJD Atlantic Beach 90.3 WKNS Kinston 88.1 W201AO Greenville 88.5 WHYC Swan Quarter
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

Onslow County Museum features rarely seen artifacts in new, changing exhibit

The "Inside/Out" exhibit at the Onslow County Museum
Onslow County Communications
/
Kevin Reopelle
The "Inside/Out" exhibits at the Onslow County Museum will represent the people, places and events that have shaped the community.

The Onslow County Museum is opening a new exhibit to feature rarely seen items from their collection and archives. “Inside/Out” will be a yearlong exhibition featuring different artifacts each month in the Changing Gallery.

According to a news release, the permanent “The Water and The Wood” exhibit represents around 10% of the collection, while this exhibit will showcase the other 90%. The exhibits will represent the people, places and events that have shaped Onslow County. The changing exhibits will also highlight the care that’s taken to preserve different types of artifacts, and will offer programs, special events and activities.

The museum is open from 8-5 Monday through Friday and 10-4 on Saturday in Richlands. There is an admission fee in check or cash only. For more information, call (910) 324-5008.

Meredith Radford is a News Reporter for Public Radio East. She studied at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, receiving a degree in Journalism and Political Science. Born and raised in Eastern North Carolina, Meredith is excited to cover the area and contribute to the community. When not out reporting, she enjoys hiking, camping and kayaking as well as baking.