Governor: Dine-In Service Halted At N. Carolina Restaurants

Mar 17, 2020

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper says all restaurants and bars must be closed to dine-in patrons in another effort to dampen the spread of the new coronavirus. Take-out and delivery can continue under an executive order that Cooper said will take effect Tuesday. Bars and restaurants had been exempted from Cooper's prohibition of assemblies of more than 100 people. Cooper's order also is designed to make it easier to help employees harmed financially by broad closings in the state to obtain unemployment benefits. North Carolina state government counted 40 residents as testing positive for COVID-19 as of Tuesday.