Craven County has reversed its earlier decision to end curbside recyling pick-up. In a press release dated April 26, the county commissioners announced the curbside recycling program would continue with modifications. The current program will continue until the county and Waste Industries implement program changes. Waste Industries will provide monthly curbside pickup of recyclables in a 95-gallon rolling container. The recycling fee on the annual county tax bill will rise from $56 to $60.
Changes in markets for recycled material has prompted Craven County to announce an end to curbside recycling pickup. The Craven County commissioners made the decision last week. Craven County manager Jack Veit said with buyers of recycled materials not purchasing the same quantity as they have in past years, recycle service providers are boosting prices. Curbside recycling service costs would double effective July 1. Curbside recycling will end Friday, June 28. Recyclables can still be dropped off at county convenience centers on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- 3555 NC Highway 101, Havelock, North Carolina.
- 605 NC Highway 55 East New Bern, North Carolina.
- 205 Belltown Road, Dover, North Carolina.
- 7775 Highway 70 East, Havelock, North Carolina.
- 4001 Old Cherry Point Road, New Bern, North Carolina.
- 135 Sanders Lane, New Bern, North Carolina.
- 232 Bailey Lane Vanceboro, North Carolina.